Thursday, January 16, 2014

Faber-Castell January Challenge

Here is my entry for the January challenge at Faber-Castell. You can check out the challenge here.
Here is my inspiration piece. I found it Here.



My take on the above:
I made a mixed media card. I started by adhering dictionary pages to Neenah solar white cardstock and then gessoing. Then I applied wet cement ink (hero arts) with an ink applicator and then direct to the piece. I then stamped the image (hero arts) with charcoal ink (hero arts) when dry. When they were dry, I used black Gelado around the edge and smudged it inwards. I then used distress paint in festive berries,mowed lawn, salty ocean, iced spruce and chipped sapphire with a dropper. I then stamped the hexagons (hero arts) with red royal, pool, and navy shadow inks from hero arts, and attached the hi with dimensional adhesive. 
This piece was a definite learning experience for me. I had to learn patience! The inks were perfect but needed to dry totally between steps. And the paint drips needed to dry completely between color changes otherwise they blend into each other. It took about 3 days between work and little bits after work to complete it, but I am happy with the results.  
Thanks for looking! 
Happy Creating!
~Jay


No comments:

Post a Comment