Saturday, December 7, 2013

Amaryllis Repair

As promised here is a way of repairing a stamped image. There are many ways of repairing an erroneous stamped image depending on how big and the placement of the error….or you could just throw out the paper and start again….lol as if any stamper/scrapper would ever throw something away… J
Here is the original:

As you can see, the left side of the image has a dark smudge on it. When I finish up, it will be covered by some embellishments.
Here is the finished product:

Paper: Neenah Solar White
Stamp: Amaryllis from Rubber Stampede, and French script from Hero Arts
Ink: Pumice Stone, Dusty Concord distress inks; Memento Tuxedo Black for the image; Charcoal and Soft Granite From Hero Arts
Markers: Copic flowers: V06, BV02, BV20; Leaves: BG09, G00; Bulb: Y21, Y32
Fiber: Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon
Tools: Scotch Glue Runner, Tim Holtz blending tool
Misc: Tim Holtz Pin, Sizzix Tim Holtz Holly Bigs Die, Brushed Pewter distress stain, Rock candy stickles, rock candy glitter, Rhinestones from Stampin' Up, Grunge paper, Pop dots

I started using a standard A-2 and used the ink blending tool with Dusty Concord around the border of the card. .I then cut a smaller piece of Neenah solar white leaving a 1/4" border. I stamped the main image with Memento Tuxedo Black, and colored with Copics. I then used Pumice Stone with an ink applicator around the image, It went on a bit too dark so I lightened it up a bit with a baby wipe, which did the trick. Then a smaller border of Soft Granite, followed by outlining the edges by rubbing only the edge of the cardstock across my Charcoal ink pad for a darker edge. I then inked the French Script stamp with Pumice Stone, using a baby wipe to remove ink from the area roughly around the focal image. I applied Charcoal to the back of two corners that I rolled up. I colored the crinkle ribbon with pumice stone and dusty concord, and tied with a bow. I cut the holly leaves from the T.H. Sizzix holly die and colored with brushed pewter distress stain. I then brushed the charcoal ink pad around the edge of the leaves to bring out the edges more. I then covered with rock candy distress stickles and sprinkled on more rock candy glitter. I adhered them on with dimensional adhesive (foam dots) and put the T.H. pin through the ribbon. I finished uo with some rhinestones from Stampin’ up that I colored with copics.

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment