Monday, December 9, 2013

Gift Basket Basket Alternative

Hello All! I hope you are doing well with your Christmas shopping!  I thought I would share an idea I came up with a few years ago.  I do gift baskets for family members at Christmas if I am just doing gift cards or some smaller gifts, and a couple of years ago instead of using a wicker basket (as who needs yet another wicker basket) I started using inexpensive kitchen finds from Christmas Tree Shops.  The first year I used a decorative cutting board as my base, and since it is put into a plastic bag anyways everything stays together.  The second year was an oblong glass baking dish and Last year was a decorative cookie tray.  This year I think I am going to do something along the lines of THIS.  The cost of the base is pretty close to an average decorative basket, but much more functional and wont have to go into the basket junkpile that everyone seems to collect. I hope this helps give you some more ideas!
Have a great day!
~Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment