Monday, December 30, 2013

Faber-Castell Gelatos

Hello All!
I got the gelato gift pack from Michaels and they are quite amazing!  They are like a combination of oil pastel and watercolor in their behavior.  I made 2 mixed media boards where I am going to contrast the different ways of application.

The first:
This was done oil pastel style. I first stamped the Hero Arts image with versamark ink.  I then applied the Gelatos and smudged with my fingers to blend.  Blended very easily and smoothly, and after it dries it is smudgeproof. 

The Second:

This was done watercolor blended.  Again this was first stamped with versamark ink.  I applied the Gelatos directo to paper and then used a wet paintbrush to blend.  Blended very well with water and paintbrush, and much more control for tight spaces.  Also Smudge proof once dry which took about an hour.

I am excited to work with them and do some mixed media Techniques!  I am also going to do a tutorial series on layering over this week.  I am going to do 4 classes on layering techniques including a tutorial on the above.  Please stay tuned for the layering class!  :)

~Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment